Introducing the AKSS
JFG Classics is the home of the new AKSS which replicates the style and lines of the best of British
1950s sportscar design. Manufacture of the AKSS
builds upon 30 years experience from its sister company, AK Sportscars, who have achieved an unrivaled
reputation in the quality, reliability, and durability of their AK-427 Cobra replica.
The AKSS of today uses a Jaguar 4.2 litre XK engine to produce what would be regarded as supercar performance in the 1950s,
and coupled to a slick 5-speed gearbox, gives a much more enjoyable drive. Modern braking and suspension systems ensure that the
driver of the AKSS enjoys excellent road holding, yet a comfortable ride and reassuringly efficient brakes.
AKSS Outline Specification
The base AKSS has a very high specification. Please discuss upgrades available with any member of the team.
- based on the well proven AK Gen III chassis stiffened and modified
- steel solid bulkhead
- new vented front discs and new vented rear outboard discs
- rebuilt Jaguar calipers front and rear
- high quality Nitron coil springs over shock absorbers
fully rebuilt Jaguar XK 4.2 litre engine with modified rear crankshaft seal as standard.
Other sized engines are available to special order
- high torque starter motor
- high output alternator
- fuel injection using Jenvey heritage throttle bodies to closely reproduce the look of triple
Weber 45 DCOE's
- ignition controlled by crank sensor, modern high performance ECU, and coil pack
- modern radiator with electric cooling fan
- modern 5 speed gearbox with standard Jaguar clutch
- rebuilt XJ40 differential with ratio altered to suit gearbox and wheels
Wheels & Tyres
- new 16" accurate reproduction Dunlop wheels with tyres to customer's choice - modern for
performance, classic pattern tyres for appearance!
- high grade composite body made and finished in house
- painting is carried out by a trusted local specialist in British Racing Green,
Dark Blue, or Silver, but other colours are available to customer's choice
Interior & Instrumentation
- instruments of period design with classic period switch gear.
Interior seating to faithfully copy the 1957 original available in black, red, and green leather
- accurate 1957 reproduction copies of lights, windscreen, bumpers, and handles
- side screens to match the 1957 original together with new mohair hood and frame